Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Wizard of Oz and Chateau Musar

Last evening, as I was busily working on my blogging, something went terribly wrong. My, blog was streaming through another site and before I knew it I was screaming for Dr. Alex to come and save me from the computer black hole that was pulling me into its dark and frightening existence. While I frantically kept shouting for Dr. Alex (he was busy watching Larry King interview someone from the Jackson Five) I began to think back to my dear friend Dorothy, you know from The Wizard of Oz.

Poor Dorothy had the most awful experience visiting a very confusing place named Oz. I'm not talking about the current show about a men’s prison called Oz, where the occupants get into all kinds of mischief. This was the real Oz, with lots of little people running about singing the loveliest tunes. Dorothy was thrilled by the Emerald City and admired the good witch, Glinda. But it was a very confusing place for Dorothy and her devoted pup, Toto.

Just like Dorothy, I had found myself trapped in the Oz of the blog world, with White Fang by my side. We were both so afraid that my blog had been captured by the Computer Wizard who lives inside my computer and who had inexplicably seized my work. “Dr. Alex,” I continued to screech. But, he continued listening to Larry King’s interview with Jermaine Jackson. Instead of coming to my aid, he asked me to “calm down and be patient.” At that moment I realized how alone Dorothy must have felt trying to find her way back to Kansas.

White Fang gave me his most supportive Toto look. I knew I now had to be my own Scarecrow, Cowardly Lion and Tin Man if I wanted to save my blog. Moving my cursor to the blogspot button, I clicked to take control of my destiny. Amazingly, there was a help button to click for assistance. I went through all the check points and steps, but there was still a problem. Fortunately, Larry King was now over and Dr. Alex was trying to appear that he was coming to my assistance. Dr. Alex inquired if I still needed rescuing from myself - whatever he meant by that crack! After negotiating a long back scratch in exchange for his computer wizardry, he said “let me sit down and lend a hand.” (At least he wasn’t sitting behind a curtain like the real Wizard of Oz or I would have completely freaked out).

With Dr. Alex sitting behind my computer I felt the courage, love and devotion emoting from from him in my time of need. Dr. Alex now asked me to sit back at my computer, click a button, just like Dorothy had clicked the heels of her jeweled shoes. To my amazement, in a flash I was back in Kansas, and my blog was up and working perfectly. White Fang let out a bark, my, Tin Man, Cowardly Lion, Scarecrow husband received a very enjoyable back scratch and we all lived happily ever after.

I began thinking about vineyards that are situated in challenging locales, also requiring courage, bravery and devotion, enabling us to reap the benefits of their hard work.

Chateau Musar was one of the first wineries that came to my thoughts. Located in the Bekaa Valley, in Lebanon - an area that has seen wars and conflicts for years - Chateau Musar continues to produce wonderful white and red wines. The white wines consist of Obaideh, which is a varietal similar to Chardonnay and Merwah (Semillon). I recently enjoyed one of their red wines, Chateau Musar 2002 Hochar Pere et Fils Rouge. Blended with Cinsault, Carignan and Cabernet Sauvignon, this lovely wine displays black and red fruit on the nose with red and dark cherries, plums and balanced acidity on the palate.

A solid 3 aprons and 2 wooden spoons are deliciously anointed to this wine. Approx. $27.00

Yes, everyday we are faced with challenges of different degrees. If we can muster up our inner Scarecrow, Tin Man and Cowardly Lion and show courage, love and devotion, no challenge will ever be too big to tackle.

When your apron is wrinkled a good hot iron can do the trick.

XXOO
Mrs. Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment