Friday, September 18, 2009

Wine Blogging Wednesday Reviews on Pinot Noir not from Napa

Have you ever heard the expression, "If the tree falls in the middle of the forest does it make a sound"? My answer to that age old question is the tree falling generates a vibration that can be noticed even if the actual fall is not heard. I know this is all a bit twisted but my point is in the title to my post.

I am using this very nonsensical title, so hopefully readers out in the blogosphere will hear my vibration. You see, I read that there are certain words that are used a lot in search engines. The most often wine blogging words are right up there. Yes, keep looking, in the title. This is actually all on the up and up, since the only untruthful word I am using is "Wednesday". I am actually composing this post on Friday, but such a small transgression to get my blog noticed.

Here is the review on a Pinot Noir not from Napa. In fact, it is from Burgundy and this wonderful wine is…drum roll… 2006 Chateau de Puligny Montrachet, Monthelie. Really, what a lovely compelling nose that keeps you going back for gentle whiffs of cherries, violets and even a tad of boiled beets. The palate offers some soft tannins, well balanced acidity, with hints of subtle cherries. The finish is somewhat moderate, not particularly lingering but still enough to remind you to take another sip.

2006 Chateau de Puligny Montrachet, Monthelie-3 ½ aprons-approx $30.00

As promised, I have now delivered to you a post consisting of; wine blogging, (not on Wednesday), including reviews on Pinot Noir that are not from Napa. See, I provided truth in advertising. Will my vibrations be heard in this forest? That, my fellow Blogsters, will be up to you.

Mrs. Reed would certainly appreciate some comments. Good, bad or indifferent, just let me know you hear something from the forest.

Wishing you an apron filled with bottles of Pinot Noir from Burgundy and even Napa.

XXOO

Mrs. Reed















No comments:

Post a Comment