Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wine and The Morning Joe=Perfect Balance

The Morning Joe Show and my cup of morning Joe give me the perfect wake up call that I need to get my day started. One is a cup of freshly brewed black coffee and the other is a very entertaining news and conversation show that provides a perfect wake up to my groggy morning.

I enjoy The Morning Joe Show because it is a great balance between the current world topics, entertainment, sports, weather, economy and politics. The show is headed by the very intelligent and affable, Joe Scarborough. The supporting cast of Mika, Willey and Mike Barnacle provide terrific sounding boards for Joe and his opinions. The guests that come on are treated fairly and are able to have an honest discussion without name calling and over the top yelling. Yes, this show is my perfect balance of humor and information offered in lovely equilibrium.

Balance is what allows us to appreciate the individual components of any entity. Whether it is a TV show, person, meal or wine it is the balance that can be the difference between good or great. Dr. Alex and I experienced that balance in a wine we recently had the pleasure of consuming. The 2004 L'Adventure Syrah from Paso Robles presented a beautiful balance of spice, raspberry fruit and soft tannins. Even at 15.2% alcohol, this Syrah was so well integrated that the wine softly warmed my mood.

Yes, I did need some mood warming since Dr. Alex and I were sharing this bottle with my mother, Aunt Clara and her husband, Jacques Cousteau at our favorite French restaurant. Jacques was in a bit of his Jack Torrance mood (Nicholson's character in The Shining). I'm not sure what was causing this dark mood but I did hear Aunt Clara mention something about a problem with The Calypso's rudder.

So, this mood warming, lovely symmetrical, well crafted wine assisted my own personal equilibrium while dining with a rudder challenged sea captain. Actually, Jacques seemed to forget his rudder problems as he continued to drink more and more glasses of this great wine. See, what a terrific wine can accomplish.

Balance is what we all seem to be striving for in every aspect of our lives. When you find something, whether it be people, job, dog, activity or even a TV show and a good bottle of wine you need to embrace it. The Morning Joe and L'Adventure wine are two components that will continue to assist me in finding my perfect daily balance.

2004 L'Adventure Syrah-approx. $40.00.

This wine and producer deserve 4 well starched and perfectly pressed aprons.

Wishing you a good bottle of wine in each apron pocket to keep you balanced throughout the day.

XXOO

Mrs. Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment